Skip to content
- McDowell, Z.J. and Vetter, M.. Wikipedia and the representation of reality. Routledge. August 2021.
- McDowell, Z.J., Vetter, M. “The Re-Alienation of the Commons: Wikidata and the ethics of ‘Free’ Data in Machine Learning” In press – October 2023 at the International Journal of Communication.
- McDowell, Z.J., Tiidenberg, K. “The (not so) Secret Governors of the Internet: Morality Policing and Platform Politics.” Convergence. August 4, 2023.
- Vetter, M., McDowell, Z.J. “A Spectrum of Surveillance: Charting Functions of Epistemic Inequality Across EdTech Platforms in the PostCovid Era.” Journal of Teaching and Learning Practice, February 2023. Vol 20, Iss. 2, No. 2.
- McDowell, Z.J., Vetter, M. “Fast Truths and Slow Knowledge; Oracular Answers and Wikipedia’s Epistemology.” Fast Capitalism. November 2021. Vol 19, No. 1. 104-112. 1
- McDowell, Z.J., Vetter, M. “Wikipedia as Open Educational Practice: Experiential Learning, Critical Information Literacy and Social Justice.” Social Media + Society February 2022.
- McDowell, Z.J., Vetter, M. “It takes a Village to Combat a Fake News Army: Wikipedia and Information Literacy.” Social Media + Society. July 2020.
- McDowell, Z.J., and Stewart, M.D. “Student Learning Outcomes with Wikipedia-Based Assignments.” International Journal of Open Educational Resources. Volume 1, Issue 2 Spring/Summer 2019 ISSN 2641-5488.
- Vetter, M, McDowell, Z.J., and Stewart, M.D. “From Opportunities to Outcomes: The Wikipedia-based Writing Assignment,” Computers and Composition, 52 – June 2019 53-64.
- McDowell, Z.J., “Disrupting Academic Publishing: Questions of Access in a Digital Environment.” Media Practice and Education. 19, 52-67. 2018.
- McDowell, Z.J., and Soha, M. (2016). “Monetizing a Meme: YouTube, ContentID & the Harlem Shake.” Social Media + Society. January-March, 1-12.